RE: [pcgen-xml] Possible solution to class/crossclass skills and max_ranks

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14, 2004
      <quote who="Jenni A. Merrifield">
      > It doesn't exist in 3.5 of course, since there are no "Exclusive" skills
      > in
      > 3.5 but it is in 3.0 - see the "Multiclass Characters" topic in "Chapter
      > 3:
      > Classes" of the 3.0 PHB - under "Class And Level Features" > "Skills" (top
      > left of page 56 in my edition), second paragraph:

      hmmmm... the only mention of skills for multiclass characters appears to
      be in srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf under the heading "Multiclass
      Characters":

      "Skills: The character retains and can access skills from all his or her
      classes. For the purposes of determining the “Max Ranks” of a skill, use
      the character’s character level rather than individual class levels. When
      adding a new class level, the costs for new ranks in skills are calculated
      using the costs for that class. Skills available to another of the
      character’s classes which are normally not allowed by the class being
      added or increased are treated as cross-class skills for the purpose of
      determining the cost of skill ranks."

      Which implies that "Skills available to another of the character’s classes
      which are normally not allowed by the class being added or increased" are
      exclusive skills of another class, and are thus treated as cross class, so
      (TL+3)/2.