Re: [pcgen-xml] Schema: Alignments

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2004
      On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:48:26PM +0000, Frugal wrote:
      > I notice in your schema for ratings you have hardcoded the concepts of
      > "good", "evil", "lawful" and "Chaotic". Is this really a good thing if
      > we wish to support other game modes?

      Throw away or change the definition of alignment, then. Personally, my
      campaign uses allegiances rather than alignments. The boolean flags for
      the alignment components are there so it's easier to check for 'any
      good', 'never lawful', etc.

      > It might work fine for D&D, but will fail for any d20 system that uses
      > the allegiences system.

      so those ones don't even have alignment. The idea here is that that
      individual games or game modes define and use what they needed. Playing
      a game that doesn't use spells? Drop them entirely. Playing a game
      that uses spells, but they look different? Replace the definition.