Re: [pcgen-xml] Uploaded alternate schema files

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2004
      <quote who="Steven Bethard">
      > a crappy gui that displays some of the scores and shows how they
      > update (based on the rules in scores.xml) as you edit them (scores.xml
      > encodes more scores (e.g. size, hp, etc.) than I've displayed here, but
      > it's
      > just a prototype GUI to give you some ideas of how things work)

      I just downloaded and looked at this. It looks really nice.

      I guess all that it would take to convert to a resonable character editor
      is to have a character object that has a Collection of Scores and when you
      create a new character register each score with the effect.

      > So I guess the coolest point here is that none of the D&D rules are in the
      > Java code - they're all in the XML file! In my opinion, this is awesome
      > because it means that you could (conceivably) use this model for any rule
      > set.

      I do like this technique. Will it work with either schema? I can already
      feel my "need to code cool new app" genes rising to the bait ;o)