Courteousness + a data policy

  • dlm1065
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18 9:15 AM
      As the Data Silverback I can state this

      1) I may ask but I do not demand. I have not assigned or ordered
      any volunteers to do any lst work they don't want to since I stepped
      in when Tir resigned. If anyone wants to know what we need done the
      most they may ask Ian Dale, Eric Beaudoin, or me. We will be glad to
      tell them what pcgen needs help getting into lst.

      2) Anyone working on data that would like us to do the courtesy of
      being notified of a change in the status of the dataset they
      submitted may place a file(call it notify.txt) in the zip with their
      list. When the dataset has cleared OGL and is moved to SF for
      inclusion in the ALPHA directory -- for QA and debugging -- the lst
      monkey will be informed that the data has been moved. The data will
      from then on remain in the SF repository, unless the publishers
      requests differently. Its internal location may change as we move it
      from the directory that incdicates it is an alpha dataset to the
      directory that incdicates it is a beta or stable dataset.
      If the publisher requests that the data be removed, because of
      licensing issues or simply if the publisher demands we remove their
      material, we will again inform the lst monkey. At no time will
      dataset's volunteers have created and we have placed into SF be
      pulled and moved to a comercial site to be sold.
      If it should prove necessary to place data on a third party site
      for hosting purposes, we will inform the volunteer who created the
      dataset before we accept his work and if we cannot inform him do to
      our not knowing this fact we will inform him of it as soon as we
      know it to be a fact, and return his lst data to him so he can make
      an informed decision as to his wanting to share it.

      3)All data that we are given will go into SF repository to be shared
      by the community unless the volunteer has been informed it will not
      due to licensing. The data then belongs to the pcgen community and
      not any one person.

      Doug McMillan
      dlm1065@h...
      -Data Silverback