Mixing attribute-level and element-level data

  • Stuart Updegrave
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2003
      <lurk mode="off" />

      S Woodside:
      > > So I really don't like
      > > <damage roll='1d8' critrange='2' critmult='2' /> to me a
      > > better compromise would be
      > > <damage critrange='2' critmult='2'>1d8</damage>

      Keith:
      > Gah. I don't see a need for compromise, to be honest.
      > Either way (attribute-based or element-based) is reasonable,
      > mixing them like this is ugly.

      I strongly agree with Keith here. Mixing data models between
      attribute-normal and element-normal in a single element is a sure path
      to confusion when attempting to extract data later.

      [As an aside, I'm pleased to see this group picking up steam. I haven't
      had a chance to keep up as much as I'd like recently (too much RL work),
      but will try to do so more as time permits.]

      cheers,
      ~stuart