Re: [pcgen-xml] Skill question

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:35:38PM +0000, Frugal wrote:

      > <quote who="Keith Davies">
      > > 'Historical reasons'. Tir wants a 'minimal learning curve' for those
      > > new to XML, so everything possible is a child element. Also, a first
      > > pass converter I wrote just dumped everything to child elements without
      > > trying to guess whether it'd be better as an attribute or element.
      >
      > Did the set of docs dated xml-20030317.zip come after this point ? They
      > have a lot of attributes for prereqs.

      I don't remember, to be honest. I was planning to rework prereqs
      altogether -- make them more regular and so on. So far, I think I've
      got it down to a single element, using attributes. I wanted to get away
      from PRETHING, PRETHINGLT, etc.

      Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
      keith.davies@... reality in the hope that reality will
      crack first is impressive, but futile"
      -- Geoffrey Brent, rec.games.frp.dnd