Re: [pcgen-xml] Re: Opinions?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 27, 2003
      I'm more interested in getting a more coherent method of data storage. Most
      of our users have a difficult time writing data files, and the easier to
      understand the better. We have a lot fewer code monkeys. If we are going
      to make something easier to understand, it ought to be the data format.
      Confusing so only 10 people can do it right so it is easier on 3 code
      monkeys isn't of much value. Confusing code for 3 monkeys, and usable by
      100's of users, on the otherhand, while a pain, is worth more.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD

      It matters if one data format makes for simpler, easier to write,
      understand, and maintain, code.

      simon
    • S Woodside
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 27, 2003
        That makes sense.

        simon

        On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 11:21 AM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

        > I'm more interested in getting a more coherent method of data storage.
        > Most
        > of our users have a difficult time writing data files, and the easier
        > understand the better. We have a lot fewer code monkeys. If we are
        > going
        > to make something easier to understand, it ought to be the data format.
        > Confusing so only 10 people can do it right so it is easier on 3 code
        > monkeys isn't of much value. Confusing code for 3 monkeys, and usable
        > by
        > 100's of users, on the otherhand, while a pain, is worth more.
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen Data SB and BoD

        anti-spam: do not post this address publicly
        www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel