Re: [pcgen-xml] Quick question from new monkey - negative logic

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 3:51 PM
      On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 11:38:28PM +0000, Robert Henneise wrote:
      > Ok, I'm sure this has come up previously somewhere, but the existing
      > lst files uses a bit of negative logic (especially PRExxx), and it
      > has become quickly apparent to me that just a tag conversion isn't
      > going to work for those.
      >
      > !PRERACE becomes <!PRERACE>
      > which generates some problems with XML (at least, for me)
      >
      > So how would I go about using negative logic in XML?

      well, that's not valid XML anyway. What we're going to do, I think --
      and it's not going to work everywhere... yet -- is to add an 'op'
      attribute to all prereq-type tags that inverts the truth of the
      statement. To use your example above, you could have

      <prerace refname="Dwarf" />

      character *is* a dwarf

      <prerace refname="Dwarf" op="not" />

      character *is not* a dwarf

      As I said, it won't work everywhere yet, but it will work where we
      already allow !.