Re: [pcgen-xml] Re: GURPS Summary, part 1

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2002
      On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:31:33PM +0000, bryan_j_maloney wrote:
      > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
      > > GURPS on PCGEN, that would be good if you need help doing it let me
      > > know.
      >
      > Right now, my knowledge of XML consists of "<" and ">" get used in it.

      That's okay. We need domain experts too.

      Hopefully something posted this weekend, folks. 'course, I said that
      last week, too. Hopefully I won't hurt my foot again.

    • bryan_j_maloney
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 15, 2002
        --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
        > Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.

        That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
        cargo vessels, right?
      • chris
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 16, 2002
          Nope, I ment the GURPs Data files.. I want to help make them :-)

          --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "bryan_j_maloney" <bryan_j_maloney@y...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
          > > Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.
          >
          > That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
          > cargo vessels, right?
        • bryan_j_maloney
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 19, 2002
            --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
            > Nope, I ment the GURPs Data files.. I want to help make them :-)
            >
            > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "bryan_j_maloney" <bryan_j_maloney@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
            > > > Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.
            > >
            > > That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
            > > cargo vessels, right?

            First, some sort of XML Schema and DTD would have to be composed. I
            posted the information on the pcgen-xml list because I want to have as
            little to do at all with that hideous kludge that pcgen currently uses.
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2002
              On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 02:13:02PM +0000, bryan_j_maloney wrote:
              > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
              > > Nope, I ment the GURPs Data files.. I want to help make them :-)
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "bryan_j_maloney" <bryan_j_maloney@y...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
              > > > cargo vessels, right?
              >

              > First, some sort of XML Schema and DTD would have to be composed. I
              > posted the information on the pcgen-xml list because I want to have as
              > little to do at all with that hideous kludge that pcgen currently uses.

              I think I'm very close with what I have now (and will hopefully post
              soon). Things... changed over the weekend. I have the skeleton of the
              meta-level schema written, which could then be used to describe the
              game-specific schema. I probably could have used XSD for my
              descriptions, but I haven't taken time to learn it yet.

              Anyway, I'm preparing documentation for my meta language and will try to
              get it out tonight or Thursday.