Re: GURPS Summary, part 1

  • bryan_j_maloney
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2002
      --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
      > GURPS on PCGEN, that would be good if you need help doing it let me
      > know.

      Right now, my knowledge of XML consists of "<" and ">" get used in it.
    • chris
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 14, 2002
        Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 14, 2002
          On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:31:33PM +0000, bryan_j_maloney wrote:
          > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
          > > GURPS on PCGEN, that would be good if you need help doing it let me
          > > know.
          >
          > Right now, my knowledge of XML consists of "<" and ">" get used in it.

          That's okay. We need domain experts too.

          Hopefully something posted this weekend, folks. 'course, I said that
          last week, too. Hopefully I won't hurt my foot again.

        • bryan_j_maloney
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2002
            --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
            > Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.

            That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
            cargo vessels, right?
          • chris
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 16, 2002
              Nope, I ment the GURPs Data files.. I want to help make them :-)

              --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "bryan_j_maloney" <bryan_j_maloney@y...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
              > > Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.
              >
              > That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
              > cargo vessels, right?
            • bryan_j_maloney
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 19, 2002
                --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
                > Nope, I ment the GURPs Data files.. I want to help make them :-)
                >
                > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "bryan_j_maloney" <bryan_j_maloney@y...> wrote:
                > > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
                > > > Tell me when you need help with the LSTs.
                > >
                > > That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
                > > cargo vessels, right?

                First, some sort of XML Schema and DTD would have to be composed. I
                posted the information on the pcgen-xml list because I want to have as
                little to do at all with that hideous kludge that pcgen currently uses.
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 19, 2002
                  On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 02:13:02PM +0000, bryan_j_maloney wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "chris" <waxman80014@y...> wrote:
                  > > Nope, I ment the GURPs Data files.. I want to help make them :-)
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcgen-xml@y..., "bryan_j_maloney" <bryan_j_maloney@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > That would be in GURPS Vehicles? You're talking about those naval
                  > > > cargo vessels, right?
                  >

                  > First, some sort of XML Schema and DTD would have to be composed. I
                  > posted the information on the pcgen-xml list because I want to have as
                  > little to do at all with that hideous kludge that pcgen currently uses.

                  I think I'm very close with what I have now (and will hopefully post
                  soon). Things... changed over the weekend. I have the skeleton of the
                  meta-level schema written, which could then be used to describe the
                  game-specific schema. I probably could have used XSD for my
                  descriptions, but I haven't taken time to learn it yet.

                  Anyway, I'm preparing documentation for my meta language and will try to
                  get it out tonight or Thursday.