Hey, I'm in.

  • rlkoppenhaver
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9 11:47 PM
      Hi, all.

      I've been lurking on the pcgen list for a couple of weeks, looking for
      a good way to contribute, but all I've posted so far is a note about a
      little utility I'd written.

      Anyway, I've put together a couple of .lst files, and found the syntax
      kinda frustrating, so I'm looking forward to a move to XML. I've had
      some limited experience working with it; I've put together a few XML
      files to describe prestige classes I've written, and written XSLT
      stylesheets to turn them into HTML. I haven't done much with DTDs or
      Schemas, but I'm in the process of reading up on them.

      Well, that's it, I guess. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

      -Ryan
    • samspectre
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10 8:21 AM
        Could someone post their idea of what an XML .LST file would like?
        It doesn't have to be full file, just the heading and one or two
        items...

        Dennis
        dennis@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10 1:52 PM
          samspectre wrote on Thu Jan 10 08:21:54 2002:

          > Could someone post their idea of what an XML .LST file would like?
          > It doesn't have to be full file, just the heading and one or two
          > items...

          For what sort of item? Weapon? Spell? Magic Item? They'll (probably)
          all be different.... I'm drawing up a list of the things that we'll
          need to be able to describe, starting with the stuff in the current
          files.

          Elarios: "Shade, you showed honor and mercy
          "Raven, you were couragous beyond expectation
          "Logan, you resisted the temptation of knowledge."

          Logan: "That's... good, right?"