RE: [pcgen-xml] A question/thought on conversion

  • Ysgarran
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13, 2002
      I've worked on just such a beast on the assumption that it
      would be easier to convert from an intermediate XML file
      to the final XML format.

      I never checked the code in but I have seriously thought
      about it.  Problem is that it turned into a lot more work
      than I thought it would be and some things used to
      be unparsed in PCGen.   That increased the time it
      took to actually convert some of the stuff...

      The other problem is that the code has gotten stale since
      I have not kept it up to date with the changing PCGen code.

      I can either check it in to PCgen or I could e-mail it out to
      anyone who wants to take a lot.

      Finally, I'm trying to break the data down a bit so it is not
      strictly a one to one conversion from the lst files to the XML
      files.

      Brian F.

      p.s.
      If anyone wants to take a look at the code, I'll fire it  off
      to them.