Another discussion

  • metaltoad
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002
      Just so everyone knows, there is a more general discussion of XML and
      the d20 system here: d20-xml@yahoogroups.com. Since that group allows
      for greater flexibility, I will be posting there.
    • Stuart Updegrave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002

        Curious ... What do you mean by "that group allows for greater
        flexibility"?
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002
          On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 05:49:30PM -0700, Stuart Updegrave wrote:

> [...]

          Presumably in that it isn't necessarily focused on character generation
          or description. This can give it a broader scope, because they want to
          be able to do more with it.

          OTOH, IMO in order to build a system that can properly describe and edit
          characters, it's necessary to describe almost everything anyway, in some
          cases to sickening detail in order to allow for unanticipated uses...
          which means that the two may end up having pretty much the same scope.

          "I'm happy to do the tracker stuff since our Microsoft Poxy Server (that's
          poxy, not proxy) won't let me connect to sourcesafe's CVS..."