Interaction with Website

  • Webmaster
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2002
      I am trying to develop a tool that will allow PCGen users to upload
      characters to my site. Due to the necessity to transform the data from the
      PCGen file format to something I can use, I have been looking into the XML
      options. PCGen currently is able to dump into 3 different XML file formats.
      I assume this is slowly being developed into some kind of standard (I hope).

      The main concern I have is the reuse of object names in the XML document.

      http://www.thegamehub.com/xml/nodes1v.asp
      http://www.thegamehub.com/xml/codemonkey.xml

      I have taken the CodeMonkey.xml file and iterated through it to it's lowest
      child nodes. The problem I am having is how would I distinguish between the
      various node names. How does PCGen get the individual nodes without doing
      some kind of in string function to find the parts?

      I would like to see some kind of consistency, I even like the MT XML output
      in comparison:

      http://www.thegamehub.com/xml/nodes2v.asp

      But I would rather integrate my site with PCGen than Master Tools right now.
      Should I work on my own variation of the XML output? What is the latest
      build on a character sheet?

      -Chris