Re: [pcgen-xml] Re: Current status of PCGen-XML? (message to Keith)

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2002
      On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 10:57:32PM -0000, rvanwees wrote:
      > Keith,
      >
      > Thx for the update on the house.
      >
      > I had a quick look at the DTD and XML. I think I'll wait for
      > the 'something more coherent' you mentioned. They didn't quite match
      > yet when I pulled them through XMLSpy.
      >
      > A thought: would it work to just concentrate on the XML until it is
      > right and then build a DTD or Schema? I think it will save a lot of
      > work along the way... (could even be that, if you machine-generate
      > XML, you don't need to validate at all)

      I try to keep the DTD and XML in step for a few reasons. One is that
      the DTD is a more concise method of presenting the information when I'm
      thinking, then use the XML to prove the DTD. Another is that I'm using
      a validating parser to check my work, and that needs a DTD. Finally,
      it's a reasonably concise method of documented my earlier decisions.

      > On data entry screens: I've been busy writing a character editor for
      > myself and have some ready-made stuff to help quickly build some
      > entry screens.

      is cool. I just spent the weekend working on the garden bed and taking
      out a wall in the house.

      DM : You search the storeroom and find a barrel marked 'elf pudding'.
      Random: Elven pudding! Wonderful stuff. Gimme!
      Dolarn: We're in a goblin lair and it says 'elf pudding'. I wouldn't.
      Random: What?! You mean... <hyuuuurfff>