Re: [pcgen-xml] Converting lst-tag names to xml-tag names

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
      On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 08:58:16AM -0000, ondemannen wrote:
      > I've gone through the CLASS, CLASS Level, FEAT and LANGUAGE tags and
      > tried to put up a list of the element/attribute names we will use
      > when converting to XML.
      >
      > Comments ?

      Many of the elements you have below are or would actually be used to
      describe objects of those types (specific examples include <alignment/>
      and <feat/> -- these are used to describe alignments and feats
      themselves, not their application). There are elements below that can
      be abstracted and given meaning by their context (<class-name> is a
      specific example -- <class name=""/> is the current model). There are
      also elements in your list that hardcode things into the schema that I
      think shouldn't be there (<fort-save> and <will-save>, for example --
      I'm planning to have something like <char-save save-id="save.fort"/>).

      That said, this looks like a very useful list to have. Thanks for
      creating it.

      One of the problems with this conversion process is that we're not doing
      a simple, direct conversion but are taking the opportunity to refactor
      and normalize the information.

      Evil High Priest: "Leave now, if you value your skins."
      Garrick: "I'm all for it."