New Files

  • lokgar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi folks,
      I just started playing around with Castor a bit today, and used it to
      dump the data structures as they currently exist in PCGen to XML
      (which is a kinda neat feature it has)

      I uploaded those files to a new castor-playing directory on the
      yahoo-groups page. Check it out, it's kinda interesting.

      All in all, it's got some glaring weaknesses, such as not being able
      to handle instances of List or Map, which I would have thought might
      be built in to Castor. I'm sure I could have found some examples of
      how to do that on the web, but I didn't go digging. it also is
      littered with <?xml...?> tags all over it, because technically it's
      dumps of one XML document each for every, for example, Skill.

      Also, I haven't got a dump of Spells, Races, or PCs, because I just
      set it up to handle items in lists, and Spells and Races are handled
      in a Map in Globals. PCs, I just didn't take the effort to do, once I
      figured out it was going to ignore anything in a List.

      Anyway, this should give you an idea how data is currently stored in
      PCGen, and may give us some ideas how hard a new structure we come up
      with will be to create.

    • Peter Kahle
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2002
        Gee, it's annoying that using the web interface leaves off my name and
        all...

        Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary
        safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.
        -- Ben Franklin

        || Peter M Kahle Jr || PGP Public Key on Keyservers ||
        || pkahle@... || http://pops.dyndns.com/~pkahle/ ||