XML and the PCGen Tag Dictionary . . .

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2008
      Hi Folks!

      I note there hasn't been a lot of activity on this list but I thought I'd drop by and see if I
      could drum up some support for a documentation project that is being looked at as part
      of PCGen.

      Specifically, Tom Parker, the Architecture SB, made a proposal earlier this year to move
      PCGen's Tag Dictionary from html files to xml files. If you want specifics on the proposal,
      you will find the base proposal, and resultant discussion, here:

      The discussion was short, and though there were no negative comments, most active team
      members were, and still are, busy doing other tasks, so I have been trying to understand
      what would be required, and learning what I can about xml, DTDs and schemas.

      I have started building a DTDs and schemas, mostly as tools to help me get my arms
      around the problem as well as teach me more about xml, DTDs and schemas.

      One of the first things we will need to do is define the requirements for this effort,
      including not just the Tag Dictionary as documentation effort, but also the capabilities
      that the Code Monkeys can take advantage of.

      So, is anyone interested?

      Eric C Smith
      PCGen Doc 2nd
    • Gargola