Re: [pcgen-xml] Re: Expanded pcg proposal

  • David M. Bebber
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 11, 2005
      Could we use this Base functionality to implement FREQ [ 1223158 ] store
      datasets in a zip archive ??

      On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:45:20 -0500, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@...>
      wrote:

      > Fred Drake wrote:
      >
      >> I would expect decompression is cheap, since the amount of data
      >> involved is fairly small. And decompression might be free if the data
      >> is simply stored rather than compressed. :-) It all depends on how
      >> PCgen implements the ZIP support.
      >>

      >> -Fred
      >>

      > We'll just use the built in java stuff. Java can open zip files and
      > manipulate them as a base function of java (Jar files are zip files)
      >
      > Devon
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Paul W. King
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 12, 2005
        LOL

        Just getting the built-in editors to work well has been an effort for a number of years now. I think that, if the code team were
        to focus solely on the editors, they'd work on getting just the flat-file stuff working first before going towards the zipped
        architecture.

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon