Re: [pcgen-xml] Re: Expanded pcg proposal

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 11, 2005
      Fred Drake wrote:

      >I would expect decompression is cheap, since the amount of data
      >involved is fairly small. And decompression might be free if the data
      >is simply stored rather than compressed. :-) It all depends on how
      >PCgen implements the ZIP support.
      >

      > -Fred

      We'll just use the built in java stuff. Java can open zip files and
      manipulate them as a base function of java (Jar files are zip files)

      Devon
    • Paul W. King
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 12, 2005
        LOL

        Just getting the built-in editors to work well has been an effort for a number of years now. I think that, if the code team were
        to focus solely on the editors, they'd work on getting just the flat-file stuff working first before going towards the zipped
        architecture.

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon