RE: [pcgen-xml] Expanded pcg proposal

  • Edwin Holley
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 6, 2005
      Sounds good to me.

      -----Original Message-----
      <SNIP>
      Brass Tilde wrote:

      <SNIP>

      well, a number of reasons:
      1) It'll be a lot easier for people to write code against it, because
      vast chunks of our file format have a full spec as well as sample code
      http://books.evc-cit.info/
      what this means is that for the files that are exactly the same
      (Manifest.xml, settings.xml, mimetype, meta.xml), we have an example
      implementation, and a ton of doco for other people to use.

      2) It means we have to do less work to define specific files

      <SNIP>

      Deffinitly

      Devon
      <SNIP>
    • Paul W. King
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 12, 2005
        LOL

        Just getting the built-in editors to work well has been an effort for a number of years now. I think that, if the code team were
        to focus solely on the editors, they'd work on getting just the flat-file stuff working first before going towards the zipped
        architecture.

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon