Re: [pcgen-xml] Expanded pcg proposal

  • Fred Drake
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 6, 2005
      On 10/5/05, Brass Tilde <brasstilde@...> wrote:
      > Do you have a link to the definition of the OpenDocument format? That
      > might help me understand what you're talking about. If it doesn't
      > confuse me more.

      The formal specification is at:

      http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php#opendocumentv1.0

      The document is just over 700 pages, but most of it describes the
      details of content and style XML for word processing, spreadsheets,
      drawings, and slide presentations. There is a separate chapter on the
      overall package structure.

      -Fred

      --
      Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>
      "Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 12, 2005
        LOL

        Just getting the built-in editors to work well has been an effort for a number of years now. I think that, if the code team were
        to focus solely on the editors, they'd work on getting just the flat-file stuff working first before going towards the zipped
        architecture.

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon