Re: XML estandar para d20

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2005
      --- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, "Gargola" <alograg@y...> wrote:
      > Analizando todos sus comentarios, esto es lo que he decidido hacer:
      > Ayudare trabajando en un diseño completo de XML para proponerlo como
      > estándar para futuras actualizaciones del PCGen y el resto de los
      > programas generadores de caracteres.
      > Espero contar con el análisis y la ayuda de Andargor.
      > Mientras tanto trabajare en un prototipo bilingüe del XML-PCGen para
      > presentarlo como propuesta a ser asimilado y mejorado por todos en el
      > proyecto de PCGen.
      > Espero Nico me apoye en esta parte.
      > Gracias a todos.
      > Translation:
      > Analyzing all the commentaries, this is what I have decided to do:
      > It will help working in a complete design of XML to propose it like
      > standard for future updates of the PCGen and the rest of the
      > character generators programs. I hope to count on the analysis and
      > the aid of Andargor.
      > Meanwhile it will work in a bilingual prototype of the XML-PCGen to
      > present it like proposal to be assimilated and be improved by all in
      > the PCGen project.
      > I want Nico supports to me in this part.
      > Thanks to all.
      >

      > Alograg

      That's great. I'm wondering, does the OpenDocument format include
      language support? I've been toying with RDF, which is totally
      irrelevant here, but the standard way things are implemented are with
      labels with the language attribute (e.g. <rdf:label
      lang="en">Hello</rdf:label><rdf:label lang="es">Hola</rdf:label>).

      This makes it very easy to include different languages, and even XSLT
      them in later.

      Andargor
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
        andargor wrote:

        >--- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, "Gargola" <alograg@y...> wrote:
        >

        >>Analizando todos sus comentarios, esto es lo que he decidido hacer:
        >>Ayudare trabajando en un diseño completo de XML para proponerlo como
        >>estándar para futuras actualizaciones del PCGen y el resto de los
        >>programas generadores de caracteres.
        >>Espero contar con el análisis y la ayuda de Andargor.
        >>Mientras tanto trabajare en un prototipo bilingüe del XML-PCGen para
        >>presentarlo como propuesta a ser asimilado y mejorado por todos en el
        >>proyecto de PCGen.
        >>Espero Nico me apoye en esta parte.
        >>Gracias a todos.
        >>Translation:
        >>Analyzing all the commentaries, this is what I have decided to do:
        >>It will help working in a complete design of XML to propose it like
        >>standard for future updates of the PCGen and the rest of the
        >>character generators programs. I hope to count on the analysis and
        >>the aid of Andargor.
        >>Meanwhile it will work in a bilingual prototype of the XML-PCGen to
        >>present it like proposal to be assimilated and be improved by all in
        >>the PCGen project.
        >>I want Nico supports to me in this part.
        >>Thanks to all.
        >>

        >>Alograg
        >>

        >That's great. I'm wondering, does the OpenDocument format include
        >language support? I've been toying with RDF, which is totally
        >irrelevant here, but the standard way things are implemented are with
        >labels with the language attribute (e.g. <rdf:label
        >lang="en">Hello</rdf:label><rdf:label lang="es">Hola</rdf:label>).
        >
        >This makes it very easy to include different languages, and even XSLT
        >them in later.
        >
        >Andargor

        Yeah, a *huge* amount of the work went into internationalization.
        OpenDocument is on the fast track to become an ISO standard, so it
        requires support for not only other languages, but even support for
        whacky other symbols needed by some relatively obscure entities for
        supporting some pretty obscure glyphs.

        Devon
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
          --- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:

          > Yeah, a *huge* amount of the work went into internationalization.
          > OpenDocument is on the fast track to become an ISO standard, so it
          > requires support for not only other languages, but even support for
          > whacky other symbols needed by some relatively obscure entities for
          > supporting some pretty obscure glyphs.
          >
          > Devon

          I almost expected you to use the word "arcane". ;)