Re: SRD 3.5 XML and MySQL Database and HTML Offline Searchable SRD 3.5 v1.2

  • ysgarran@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
      > The idea would be to decouple the GUI from the engine internals. Just
      > have calls to the the engine. Certainly not any GUI code in the
      > enigne. This allows other plugins as well. I've only glanced at the
      > source code, so I don't know if it's possible.

      Definately, keep the two clearly seperated. The worst case would be
      an extra layer to keep the two seperated...even then it would be worth
      while to keep the Model-View-Controller (or something else, as long as
      the view code is does not become intertwined with the model code).

      Brian F.
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
        andargor wrote:

        >Well, Frugal's got the "heart" pretty much done. I would guess that
        >the GUI would be important. No offense to Frugal, but it's nice to
        >have a focus on one aspect, and the demo was focused on the engine
        >aspect.
        >
        >The idea would be to decouple the GUI from the engine internals. Just
        >have calls to the the engine. Certainly not any GUI code in the
        >enigne. This allows other plugins as well. I've only glanced at the
        >source code, so I don't know if it's possible.

        Are you implying that the GUI I have thrown together is not the
        prettiest, most useful thing you have ever seen ;O)

        There are a couple of things I wanted to try to imlpement. I am very
        pleased with the skills tab, it is much more obvious what has been spent
        where. I also like the bonus tab, where you can see exactly what goes to
        make up any given bonus in the system.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
          --- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
          > andargor wrote:
          > Are you implying that the GUI I have thrown together is not the
          > prettiest, most useful thing you have ever seen ;O)

          Yes. :P

          :)