RE: [pcgen-xml] Re: Java5 Character Generator uploaded

  • Brian Forester
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2004
      I don't like the basic java swing code very much. It gives too much
      encouragement to the mixing the model code to the view code. Sun has
      something called JDNC which seems to be a better solution to writing GUI
      code than the current Sing java code. I need to explore it a bit more
      though...

      More later,
      Brian F.

      p.s.
      Read 'Test Driven Development" by Kent Beck.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2004
        > end of a cable modem so do not expect blistering speed).
        > <https://www.purplewombat.co.uk:444/repos/charactergen> and a viewcvs
        > view of the code at: <http://www.purplewombat.co.uk/viewcvs>

        Hi Frugal,

        It looks like you are using eclipse for the development here. Are you
        using any particular eclipse plug-in for subversion? Do you have a
        cvs tool I can grab the code to play with?

        thanks,
        Brian F.