Re: [pcgen-xml] Re: [OT] Searchable RSRDs

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 16, 2004
      On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 03:51:54PM +0000, andargor wrote:
      > --- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, Keith Davies <keith.davies@k...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Wow. Is it entirely presentational?
      > >
      > (snip...)
      >
      > Mostly presentational. The topics are in right now to help automatic
      > hyperlinking (which is hard as hell). This needs some context-
      > awareness.
      >

      > > I'm trying to get it so it's actually context-aware rather than
      > > presentational. I've done the feats and got a start on spells (I
      > don't
      > > have all the XML -> HTML stuff done). Haven't done anything with
      > > classes yet. Skills I have a start, but -- and this is the problem
      > with
      > > almost everything -- I have to fix tables. Word exported a table
      > >

      > Here's the XSLT I use to convert those XML files to HTML:
      >
      > http://www.andargor.com/files/rtfx2html.gz
      >
      > I use xsltproc (from libxml2), but other processors should work.
      > Tables get formatted correctly about 98% of the time (there are
      > exceptions).

      If nothing else that could save me a boatload of time. It wouldn't be
      so difficult to write an XSLT that'll dump the tables in files named
      something like item-$num.xml.

      You can see some of my results at http://www.kjdavies.org/rpg/reference

      It's far from complete, of course, but I think that you XML will help.

      The feats and whatnot making their way toward a functional XML. The
      prereqs, for instance, are <prereq>s, not text. The ones that could be
      easily translated, at least.