Re: [OT] Searchable RSRDs

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 16, 2004
      --- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, Keith Davies <keith.davies@k...>
      wrote:

      > Wow. Is it entirely presentational?

      (snip...)

      Mostly presentational. The topics are in right now to help automatic
      hyperlinking (which is hard as hell). This needs some context-
      awareness.

      > I'm trying to get it so it's actually context-aware rather than
      > presentational. I've done the feats and got a start on spells (I
      don't
      > have all the XML -> HTML stuff done). Haven't done anything with
      > classes yet. Skills I have a start, but -- and this is the problem
      with
      > almost everything -- I have to fix tables. Word exported a table

      Here's the XSLT I use to convert those XML files to HTML:

      http://www.andargor.com/files/rtfx2html.gz

      I use xsltproc (from libxml2), but other processors should work.
      Tables get formatted correctly about 98% of the time (there are
      exceptions).

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 16, 2004
        On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 03:51:54PM +0000, andargor wrote:
        > --- In pcgen-xml@yahoogroups.com, Keith Davies <keith.davies@k...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Wow. Is it entirely presentational?
        > >
        > (snip...)
        >
        > Mostly presentational. The topics are in right now to help automatic
        > hyperlinking (which is hard as hell). This needs some context-
        > awareness.
        >

        > > I'm trying to get it so it's actually context-aware rather than
        > > presentational. I've done the feats and got a start on spells (I
        > don't
        > > have all the XML -> HTML stuff done). Haven't done anything with
        > > classes yet. Skills I have a start, but -- and this is the problem
        > with
        > > almost everything -- I have to fix tables. Word exported a table
        > >

        > Here's the XSLT I use to convert those XML files to HTML:
        >
        > http://www.andargor.com/files/rtfx2html.gz
        >
        > I use xsltproc (from libxml2), but other processors should work.
        > Tables get formatted correctly about 98% of the time (there are
        > exceptions).

        If nothing else that could save me a boatload of time. It wouldn't be
        so difficult to write an XSLT that'll dump the tables in files named
        something like item-$num.xml.

        You can see some of my results at http://www.kjdavies.org/rpg/reference

        It's far from complete, of course, but I think that you XML will help.

        The feats and whatnot making their way toward a functional XML. The
        prereqs, for instance, are <prereq>s, not text. The ones that could be
        easily translated, at least.