Re: Philadelphia Community Garden Network Community Gardens around Reading

  • Adam Fels
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2004
      Check with the people at:

      Volunteer Center of United Way
      501 Washington Street, PO Box 302
      Reading, PA 19603
      Phone: 610-371-4571

      I know they have been doing some community garden work in Southeast
      Philadelphia. So perhaps they might be doing some in your area as
      well.

      you could also check with:

      PA Heartland Herb Society
      2001 Lorraine Road
      Reading, PA 19604
      Phone: 610-375-8061

      and:

      Reading Beautification, Inc.
      815 Washington Street
      Reading, PA 19601
      Phone: 610-655-6277

      and:
      Berks county Master Gardeners
      http://berks.extension.psu.edu/mg/

      I couldn't find any contact information for Berks County
      Horticultural Society but I did find that they did some work for:

      MID ATLANTIC AIR MUSEUM
      11 MUSEUM DRIVE
      READING, PA 19605
      610-372-7333

      look under the part about landscaping project completed on this page
      if your intrested in what they did:

      http://www.maam.org/newsletters/aug03/aug03news.html

      so perhaps you could talk to someone from the museum and get the
      number from them if you can't find it else where.

      Thats the best I could do at the moment hope it helps.
      Adam

      --- In pcg_network@yahoogroups.com, "Eydlin, Lina I." <leydlin@s...>
      wrote:
      > 19606

      Gardens around Reading

      > what is the zip code of your area?
      >
      > Adam
      >
      > --- In pcg_network@yahoogroups.com, "Eydlin, Lina I."
      <leydlin@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > Thank you! I live in Exeter, it is a suburb of Reading, but
      not
      > realy a country area.

      Time,
      > leydlin@s... writes:
      > >

      > > > Subj: Philadelphia Community Garden Network Community
      Gardens
      > around Reading
      > > > Date: 4/16/2004 9:45:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time
      > > > From: "leydlin" <leydlin@s...>
      > > > To: pcg_network@yahoogroups.com
      > > > Sent from the Internet (Details)
      > > >

      > > > Hi!
      > > >
      > > > I am looking for a community garden in Reading/Berks
      > > > County. Could
      > > > you please help me with that.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Lina.