Re: one quick question about composting

  • smith334326
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14, 2004
      I will try to find someone at Seedy Acres who can reply to you!
      Sounds like a great idea if they can use the compost.

      --- In pcg_network@yahoogroups.com, ¤p¹ç <hsiaoningtu@y...>
      wrote:
      > hi,
      >
      > my husband and I are "almost" vegetarians, and would like to
      utilize our vegetable
      > refuse more progressively. Since we live in a small row house in
      Fishtown and are
      > ignorant about how to start our compost, is it possible for us to
      just bring it to a
      > community garden and have the able take care of the rest??
      >
      > if so, can the Seedy Acres in Northern Liberties accommodate this
      request? It is most
      > close to our house.
      >
      > many thanks,
      > hsiaoning
    • Amae
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2004
        Thanks.

        Can you tell me where is your community garden? I am new to the network and don't
        know much.

        Best,
        Hsiao-ning

        --- In pcg_network@yahoogroups.com, tracy <tracy@c...> wrote:
        > At 02:22 PM 4/14/2004, you wrote:
        > >is it possible for us to just bring it to a
        > >community garden and have the able take care of the rest??
        >
        > We open the compost bins in our community garden to anyone on the street
        > who wishes to use it. I don't know about seedy acres though.
        >
        > Bye!
        > -Tracy
      • tracy
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2004
          At 09:00 AM 4/15/2004, you wrote:
          >Can you tell me where is your community garden?

          Ours is the Bodine Street Community Garden, 914 South Bodine Street.
          In queen Village. www.savethegarden.com
        • Amae
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 15, 2004
            thanks very much,

          • smith330@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 15, 2004
              Hi Tracy - sorry I don't know why that question went to you - I know where your garden is! I was emailing new folks whose names were up on the site. (p.s. looked at the Peeps webpage :) very fun). Happy Gardening! Carolyn Smith