one quick question about composting

  • ¤p¹ç
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14 11:22 AM
      hi,

      my husband and I are "almost" vegetarians, and would like to utilize our vegetable
      refuse more progressively. Since we live in a small row house in Fishtown and are
      ignorant about how to start our compost, is it possible for us to just bring it to a
      community garden and have the able take care of the rest??

      if so, can the Seedy Acres in Northern Liberties accommodate this request? It is most
      close to our house.

      many thanks,
      hsiaoning
    • tracy
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 14 11:33 AM
        At 02:22 PM 4/14/2004, you wrote:
        >is it possible for us to just bring it to a
        >community garden and have the able take care of the rest??

        We open the compost bins in our community garden to anyone on the street
        who wishes to use it. I don't know about seedy acres though.

        Bye!
        -Tracy
      • smith334326
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 14 2:52 PM
          I will try to find someone at Seedy Acres who can reply to you!
          Sounds like a great idea if they can use the compost.

          --- In pcg_network@yahoogroups.com, ¤p¹ç <hsiaoningtu@y...>
          wrote:
          > hi,
          >
          > my husband and I are "almost" vegetarians, and would like to
          utilize our vegetable
          > refuse more progressively. Since we live in a small row house in
          Fishtown and are
          > ignorant about how to start our compost, is it possible for us to
          just bring it to a
          > community garden and have the able take care of the rest??
          >
          > if so, can the Seedy Acres in Northern Liberties accommodate this
          request? It is most
          > close to our house.
          >
          > many thanks,
          > hsiaoning
        • Amae
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 15 6:00 AM
            Thanks.

            Can you tell me where is your community garden? I am new to the network and don't
            know much.

            Best,
            Hsiao-ning

            --- In pcg_network@yahoogroups.com, tracy <tracy@c...> wrote:
            > At 02:22 PM 4/14/2004, you wrote:
            > >is it possible for us to just bring it to a
            > >community garden and have the able take care of the rest??
            >
            > We open the compost bins in our community garden to anyone on the street
            > who wishes to use it. I don't know about seedy acres though.
            >
            > Bye!
            > -Tracy
          • tracy
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 15 6:21 AM
              At 09:00 AM 4/15/2004, you wrote:
              >Can you tell me where is your community garden?

              Ours is the Bodine Street Community Garden, 914 South Bodine Street.
              In queen Village. www.savethegarden.com
            • Amae
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 15 6:36 AM
                thanks very much,

              • smith330@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 15 8:30 PM
                  Hi Tracy - sorry I don't know why that question went to you - I know where your garden is! I was emailing new folks whose names were up on the site. (p.s. looked at the Peeps webpage :) very fun). Happy Gardening! Carolyn Smith