Garden Work-Day and Potluck at Sloan Street Community Garden

  • Adam Fels
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2004
      Sloan Street Gardeners enjoyed the shared workdays here and at Lots
      of Love and Summer/Winter gardens this last summer and want to do
      them again! Here is our planned date for a Work-day. Please share
      this with folks in your garden and let us know yours if you want to
      do this again also.

      You are invited to:

      Garden Work-Day and Potluck
      Saturday, April 17, 2004, 10AM

      at Sloan Street Community Garden
      326 N Sloan Street

      Sloan is located between 39th and 40th Streets and the garden is
      between Baring and Powelton

      We will be doing the following projects on this day:
      1) Cleaning out the tool shed for spring
      2) Disassembling and reassembling the toolshed on the flat surface
      (it's too uneven where it is now and it needs this)
      3) Cleaning out and re-locating the storage shelves
      4) Raking and clearing sticks and debris from the composting area
      5) Weeding and shoveling the compost/topsoil heap
      6) Move boards for discard to front for City Trash pickup (they will
      make a special trip on this day)
      7) General sweeping and picking up where needed

      Bring your own work gloves if you have them and your appetite!