China 2008!

  • belindajmichael
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
      I just got my invitation to serve in China next year starting in July!
      Is anyone else slated to leave next year?
    • Val
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
        You got your invite already!? Wow!! That's much earlier than our
        invites were sent out!! :) Welcome to the China team!!!!! I'm a China
        13 (You'll be a China 14) so I'm sure I'll see you during your
        training. :)
        Congratulations!! You're in for a fun experience!!
        Feel free to shoot any questions our way. :)
        Peace,
        Val

        --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "belindajmichael"
        <belindajmichael@...> wrote:

        > I just got my invitation to serve in China next year starting in July!
        > Is anyone else slated to leave next year?

      • Valerie Flynn
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
          ohhhh come to think of it, I'll bet because the olympics are in august and they have such strict visa requirements surrounding that time everyone in your group has to be invited early to process the paperwork on time. oh how exciting!! you have LOTS of time to prepare!! wow! what a crazy-unique time to enter china!! :)

          <belindajmichael@ ...> wrote:

          > I just got my invitation to serve in China next year starting in July!
          > Is anyone else slated to leave next year?

          Valerie Flynn
          Loras College Mail #554
          Dubuque, IA 52001

        • belindajmichael
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
            Haha, yea I guess it is kinda early! :) I started my app a long time
            ago and my medical clearance didn't take very long, so I guess I'm
            the first one so far. I'm just reading through all the invitation
            books and paperwork so that I can get an idea of what to expect for
            the next few years. How are you all enduring the cold over there?
            Though I'm from NJ and used to the cold, I'm not sure how I can
            handle being cold in my home and in the classroom. Can't wait to
            meet the 13's next year!! And the 14s when there are more of us... :)

            --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <thevalamatator@...> wrote:

            > You got your invite already!? Wow!! That's much earlier than our
            > invites were sent out!! :) Welcome to the China team!!!!! I'm a
            China
            > 13 (You'll be a China 14) so I'm sure I'll see you during your
            > training. :)
            > Congratulations!! You're in for a fun experience!!
            > Feel free to shoot any questions our way. :)
            > Peace,
            > Val
            >
            > --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "belindajmichael"
            > <belindajmichael@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I just got my invitation to serve in China next year starting in
            July!
            > > Is anyone else slated to leave next year?

          • Kimberly Morlang
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
              YAY CHINA!!!! Congrats, that's awesome that you know so far in
              advance. I didnt get my invite until April, right in the middle of me
              getting ready to graduate from college, so that was fun. Anyway, cant
              wait to meet you and the rest of the 14s when you get here. I am also
              a 13. It is getting a little cold here, but i am from centeral NY so
              i am used to lots of snow and the cold, however, like you said it is
              strange to get used to being cold in your apartment as well as out
              side, and sometimes it feels colder inside than it actually is
              outside. In addition, i have students that like to open the windows
              in the classroom, and i dont like to teach in my coat so i get kinda
              cold. Well if you have any question, comment or concerns feel free to
              shoot me an email. Thats so exciting, the new group of China PCVs is
              forming, YAY!
            • belindajmichael
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
                Thanks Kim! I'm currently doing my masters and I should be writing papers right now, but
                I can't help but get distracted with this (much more exciting) stuff. I think Val was right in
                saying that maybe the Olympics has something to do with them letting us know a little
                earlier than normal. Can't wait to meet you guys!! Once I finish up with my semester, I'll
                definitely come back with some questions!

                Thanks for the warm welcome,
                Belinda

                --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly Morlang" <kmorlang07@...> wrote:

                > YAY CHINA!!!! Congrats, that's awesome that you know so far in
                > advance. I didnt get my invite until April, right in the middle of me
                > getting ready to graduate from college, so that was fun. Anyway, cant
                > wait to meet you and the rest of the 14s when you get here. I am also
                > a 13. It is getting a little cold here, but i am from centeral NY so
                > i am used to lots of snow and the cold, however, like you said it is
                > strange to get used to being cold in your apartment as well as out
                > side, and sometimes it feels colder inside than it actually is
                > outside. In addition, i have students that like to open the windows
                > in the classroom, and i dont like to teach in my coat so i get kinda
                > cold. Well if you have any question, comment or concerns feel free to
                > shoot me an email. Thats so exciting, the new group of China PCVs is
                > forming, YAY!

              • alison_and_nick
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007
                  Hi Belinda:

                  I've been talking to some others, and you're not the first one! There
                  is at least one married couple with an invitation already, and I'm
                  guessing there are many more people; they just aren't on yahoo.

                  See you next year,
                  Alison
                  China 07-09

                  <belindajmichael@...> wrote:

                  > Haha, yea I guess it is kinda early! :) I started my app a long time
                  > ago and my medical clearance didn't take very long, so I guess I'm
                  > the first one so far. I'm just reading through all the invitation
                  > books and paperwork so that I can get an idea of what to expect for
                  > the next few years. How are you all enduring the cold over there?
                  > Though I'm from NJ and used to the cold, I'm not sure how I can
                  > handle being cold in my home and in the classroom. Can't wait to
                  > meet the 13's next year!! And the 14s when there are more of us... :)
                  >
                  > --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <thevalamatator@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > You got your invite already!? Wow!! That's much earlier than our
                  > > invites were sent out!! :) Welcome to the China team!!!!! I'm a
                  > China
                  > > 13 (You'll be a China 14) so I'm sure I'll see you during your
                  > > training. :)
                  > > Congratulations!! You're in for a fun experience!!
                  > > Feel free to shoot any questions our way. :)
                  > > Peace,
                  > > Val
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "belindajmichael"
                  > > <belindajmichael@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I just got my invitation to serve in China next year starting in
                  > July!
                  > > > Is anyone else slated to leave next year?

                • Belinda Michael
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007
                    Hi Alison!  Yea I've found one other person as well on Facebook.  I'm hoping to meet more soon so that we can share in the excitment.