Book List?

  • Val
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
      Is the file titled "Book List--very incomplete" a list of books the PC
      China library has to offer??
    • trickygregor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
        Re: PEACE CORPS CHINA IRC/ Book list?

        That file to the left in FILES is only a list of personal books from
        PCV 11s at the beginning of their service.

        I've tried to get Liang Ning (IRC manager) to recommend a Chinese site
        that has English to re-post these book reviews but she hasn't been
        able to come up with anything.

        http://chinairc.blogspot.com/
        At the moment you'll have to use a proxy like Anonymouse.com to view it.

        These catalog links/files are posted in my personal space so there is
        no need to use a proxy.
        http://tangledeye.com/peace_corps/irc_2006.htm
        http://tangledeye.com/peace_corps/irc_2005.htm
        http://tangledeye.com/peace_corps/all_books.htm

        When I was in Chengdu for our COS I checked in a lot of 11 materials.
        It seems that the China12s haven't checked much out compared to the
        11s, primarily because they haven't had the opportunity to be in the
        office like the 11s.

        I'm wondering what to do to offer Liang Ning help in the future.
        There are no more interns to help either. It would be great for a
        couple 12s to help keep things organized there from time to time
        whether it be in throwing out old books or making suggestions for
        greater IRC usage.

        nliang@...

        I probably should have gotten rolling on this sooner but it seems easy
        to get distracted at this point.

        I am looking for someone to take over organizing the internet catalog
        of PCV library materials. If anyone is interested let me know.

        Gregory Schaffer
        trickygregor@...