Re: Anyone else going to China this summer?

  • alison_and_nick
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
      Hello:

      My husband and I accepted our invitation to China this morning. We
      are both in Florida - and very excited.

      Alison (& Nick)
      invitees TEFL China (June)

      --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "sethgmyers69" <sethgmyers1@...> wrote:

      > Anyone else going to China this summer? Do you have any tips? Should
      > I start learning the language now? What's it like? And about a
      > million more questions....
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Seth

    • Val
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2007
        Welcome aboard, Alison and Nick! Can't wait to meet all of you! :)

        --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "alison_and_nick" <toalison@...> wrote:

        > Hello:
        >
        > My husband and I accepted our invitation to China this morning. We
        > are both in Florida - and very excited.
        >
        > Alison (& Nick)
        > invitees TEFL China (June)
        >
        > --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "sethgmyers69" <sethgmyers1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone else going to China this summer? Do you have any tips?
        Should
        > > I start learning the language now? What's it like? And about a
        > > million more questions....
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Seth

      • Val
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 9, 2007
          Hey Alison, Nick, Katie and anyone else going in June!! :) I was just
          writing to let you know one of the boys we're traveling with (Danny)
          forwarded me a bunch of emails he received from CPCV with LOTS of
          helpful advice for China! If any of you are interested I'd be happy to
          forward them your way. :)

          For the current volunteers who may have sent one of these emails to
          Danny, on behalf of all of the China-13s who will be reaping the
          benefits, I thank you!! :)

          Peace love and respect,
          A-Very-Excited-To-Go Valerie
        • Katie MacLean
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
            Valerie,

            Send them here to me! I will eat it up like sushi!!!...mmmm....sushi..... Katie

            Val <thevalamatator@...> wrote:
            Hey Alison, Nick, Katie and anyone else going in June!! :) I was just
            writing to let you know one of the boys we're traveling with (Danny)
            forwarded me a bunch of emails he received from CPCV with LOTS of
            helpful advice for China! If any of you are interested I'd be happy to
            forward them your way. :)

            For the current volunteers who may have sent one of these emails to
            Danny, on behalf of all of the China-13s who will be reaping the
            benefits, I thank you!! :)

            Peace love and respect,
            A-Very-Excited- To-Go Valerie

            Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

          • akaruime9
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
              Hi fellow China volunteers!

              Looks like I'll be headed to China as well! I can't wait to meet you
              all!

              Valerie--If you don't mind, I would love to see the emails you have.
              Thanks so much!

              Nikki from Illinois

              --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, Katie MacLean <ktmaclean@...> wrote:

              > Valerie,
              >
              > Send them here to me! I will eat it up like
              sushi!!!...mmmm....sushi..... Katie

              > Val <thevalamatator@...> wrote:
              > Hey Alison, Nick, Katie and anyone else going in
              June!! :) I was just
              > writing to let you know one of the boys we're traveling with (Danny)
              > forwarded me a bunch of emails he received from CPCV with LOTS of
              > helpful advice for China! If any of you are interested I'd be happy
              > forward them your way. :)
              >
              > For the current volunteers who may have sent one of these emails to
              > Danny, on behalf of all of the China-13s who will be reaping the
              > benefits, I thank you!! :)
              >
              > Peace love and respect,
              > A-Very-Excited-To-Go Valerie
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

            • Valerie Flynn
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                Not a problem at all, it's coming your way!! :) It will be from my gmail address though because I only use this one for groups.
                Nikki where in Illinois are you from?? I'm in Dubuque, IA (right on the border of Iowa/Illinois) and travel to Chicago on an every-two-or-three-weeks basis. :)

                akaruime9 <nover01s@...> wrote:
                Hi fellow China volunteers!

                Looks like I'll be headed to China as well! I can't wait to meet you
                all!

                Valerie--If you don't mind, I would love to see the emails you have.
                Thanks so much!

                Nikki from Illinois

                --- In pcchina@yahoogroups .com, Katie MacLean <ktmaclean@. ..> wrote:

                > Valerie,
                >
                > Send them here to me! I will eat it up like
                sushi!!!...mmmm. ...sushi. .... Katie

                > Val <thevalamatator@ ...> wrote:
                > Hey Alison, Nick, Katie and anyone else going in
                June!! :) I was just
                > writing to let you know one of the boys we're traveling with (Danny)
                > forwarded me a bunch of emails he received from CPCV with LOTS of
                > helpful advice for China! If any of you are interested I'd be happy
                > forward them your way. :)
                >
                > For the current volunteers who may have sent one of these emails to
                > Danny, on behalf of all of the China-13s who will be reaping the
                > benefits, I thank you!! :)
                >
                > Peace love and respect,
                > A-Very-Excited- To-Go Valerie
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                Valerie Flynn
                Loras College Mail #554
                Dubuque, IA 52001

              • kmorlang07
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 24, 2007
                  Hello All, I will also be joining you all in China. I am so excited
                  and cannot wait to meet all of you and work with you. Congrats to
                  everyone.

                  --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "alison_and_nick" <toalison@...> wrote:

                  > Hello:
                  >
                  > My husband and I accepted our invitation to China this morning. We
                  > are both in Florida - and very excited.
                  >
                  > Alison (& Nick)
                  > invitees TEFL China (June)
                  >
                  > --- In pcchina@yahoogroups.com, "sethgmyers69" <sethgmyers1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Anyone else going to China this summer? Do you have any tips?
                  Should
                  > > I start learning the language now? What's it like? And about a
                  > > million more questions....
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Seth

                • kmorlang07
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 29, 2007
                    Hey, i was hoping you could send me those emails as well, i would be
                    very interested in reading them. Thank you so much!