Personal Websites

  • spncr_b
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hi Everybody!

      I imagine that while in China a good way to keep in touch with
      family/friends back home is to construct a website with photos,
      updates, etc...

      Does anyone know how to get a personal website up and running?

      I saw that a couple past volunteers had great websites, but I don't
      have a clue with regards to starting my own.

      Thanks for any help!

      Cheers,

      Spencer
    • Rebecca Cors
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
        Hi,

        my blog address is below.  www.blogger.com is pretty easy to use.  i am also not great with computer programs, so I found a friend to help me.

        Hope that hopes !  - Rebecca

        spncr_b <spencerbrainard@...> wrote:

        Hi Everybody!

        I imagine that while in China a good way to keep in touch with
        family/friends back home is to construct a website with photos,
        updates, etc...

        Does anyone know how to get a personal website up and running?

        I saw that a couple past volunteers had great websites, but I don't
        have a clue with regards to starting my own.

        Thanks for any help!

        Cheers,

        Spencer

        Rebecca Cors
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Foreign Affairs Office
        Sichuan University of Science and Engineering
        Dengguan, Zigong, Sichuan 643033
        China, PRC
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        phone: 011 (0)86 (0)813 393-0007 (pay less than US$0.03/minute by visiting www.ecallChina.com)
        fax: (0)86 0813 811-7786
        www.travelwithrc.blogspot.com

        "Life is an Experiment"  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • chinkerfly
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
          I use Livejournal right now (I think I may be in your training group!)
          and whenever it gets closer to time I'll switch to Friends only so
          it's not so public. I've read things about people getting booted
          because of their journals being too public. Livejournal has
          photohosting too, and I think the biggest selling point for them is
          the "Friends" page, something I really wish blogger had. It lets you
          see all the most recent updates from all your friends at once.