Plantation in July

  • Mahipal Rawat
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2017
      प्रिय मित्रों,

      > इस बार जुलाई में 1000 पेड़ बाँज, बुरांश तथा काफल के गाँव में लगाने का प्लान है, पँदेरा का पानी जिस रपतार से कम हो रहा है अगर कुछ ना किया तो जल्दी ही बंद हो जाएगा । गाँव के ऊपर ख़ाली ज़मीन है उस पर पेड़ लगाए जाएँगे, पहले खेती होने से जुताई , गुड़ाई होने से बारिश का पानी रुक जाता था तथा पँदेरा का पानी जून में भी काफ़ी मोटी धार के साथ होता था, खेत बंजर होने से पानी ज़मीन के अंदर नहीं रुकता और गरमी शुरू होते ही पँदेर का पानी बहुत कम हो जाता है।
      >
      > गड्ढे खोदने का काम पतलू काका को दिया हुआ है जुलाई से पहले तैयार हो जाएँगे ।
      >
      > ग्रूप में बताने का मुख्य कारण
      > 1) 1000 पेड़ आसानी से कहाँ से मिल पाएँगे
      > 2) पेड़ लगाते वक़्त काम्पोस्ट खाद की ज़रूरत पड़ेगी , काम्पोस्ट बनाने की आसान विधि share करें.
      > 3) प्लांटेशन के लिए बेहतर सुझाव दें
      >
      > बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद !

      Mahipal Rawat
      9871296853

    • Subhash Dabral
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2017
        Dear Rawatji,
        Pranaam. I feel very happy to know that you are going to plant forest trees in UK. It is my great desire to grow a jungle of 50 trees every year with the help of same liking people/groups. Perhaps you know that PGG has also planted 32 saplings 2 years back in East Delhi. But unfortunately only 11 plants have been survived so far. Great care is required for survival of saplings. Baanj, Buraansh are very good for water conservation. You may get these saplings from forest nursery.
        I have a humble suggestions to make khal chal  & pits above upper side of water source. In rainy season plenty of water can be stored in these pits.  After 2-3 year, a permanent small lake might be developed over there. I have seen this successful model in Deengaon forest, Upri Ramoli Patti, Tehri. I am also ready to join this noble mission.I am also going to implement this model in my village in this rainy season.

        Warm regards.
        Subhash Dabral
        9868042167

        On Sunday, 30 April 2017, 18:38, "Mahipal Rawat rawat_mahipal@... [PauriGarhwal]" <PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Thank you Bharti ji for the response ,  actually the plants we need  for Pahar (Banz , Buransh Kafal will not be available in delhi ,we will get these in Uttarakhand  only.  thanks for suggestions anyway.

        Rgds
        Mahipal Rawat

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 28-Apr-2017, at 4:39 PM, "Bharti.Pokhriyal@..." <Bharti.Pokhriyal@...> wrote:

        Sir,

        You can take plants from  Yamuna Bank Metro Station. There are lots of greenhouse in this area.

        Warm Regards

        Bharti Pokhriyal (भारती पोखरियाल)
        Reliance Group
        National Spectrum Team
        011-30320567

        ----- Forwarded by Bharti Pokhriyal/RCOM/RelianceADA on 04/28/2017 04:29 PM -----
        From:"Mahipal Rawat rawat_mahipal@... [PauriGarhwal]" <PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com>
        To:PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com
        Date:04/28/2017 01:13 PM
        Subject:[PGGroup] Plantation in July
        Sent by:PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com

        प्रिय मित्रों,

        > इस बार जुलाई में 1000 पेड़ बाँज, बुरांश तथा काफल के गाँव में लगाने का प्लान है, पँदेरा का पानी जिस रपतार से कम हो रहा है अगर कुछ ना किया तो जल्दी ही बंद हो जाएगा । गाँव के ऊपर ख़ाली ज़मीन है उस पर पेड़ लगाए जाएँगे, पहले खेती होने से जुताई , गुड़ाई होने से बारिश का पानी रुक जाता था तथा पँदेरा का पानी जून में भी काफ़ी मोटी धार के साथ होता था, खेत बंजर होने से पानी ज़मीन के अंदर नहीं रुकता और गरमी शुरू होते ही पँदेर का पानी बहुत कम हो जाता है।
        >
        > गड्ढे खोदने का काम पतलू काका को दिया हुआ है जुलाई से पहले तैयार हो जाएँगे ।
        >
        > ग्रूप में बताने का मुख्य कारण
        > 1) 1000 पेड़ आसानी से कहाँ से मिल पाएँगे
        > 2) पेड़ लगाते वक़्त काम्पोस्ट खाद की ज़रूरत पड़ेगी , काम्पोस्ट बनाने की आसान विधि share करें.
        > 3) प्लांटेशन के लिए बेहतर सुझाव दें
        >
        > बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद !

        Mahipal Rawat
        9871296853

        The information contained in this electronic message (email) and any attachments to this email are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and access to this email by any one else is unauthorised. The email may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or information relating to Reliance Group. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete this communication and any attachments thereto, immediately from your computer. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication and the attachments thereto (in whole or part), in any manner, is strictly prohibited and actionable at law. The recipient acknowledges that emails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity can not be guaranteed and that Company does not guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

      • Harish Barthwal
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12, 2017

          I am happy to learn that Pokhriyalji, Rawatji, Dabralji
          and others are earnestly planning afforestation efforts.

          I shall also like to be associated with this noble task to
          the extent I can in view of my age and other obligations.
          I say 'noble' because Mother Earth returns us many
          times we give Her (apropos of my article in Amar Ujala as well as
          another under Speaking Tree in Dec 2016 around World Soil Day.)

          Dabralji has noted that out of 32 saplings PGG planted
          2 years back in East Delhi [I also had opportunity to be
          present in Jhilmil colony at that time] only 11 plants have
          been survived. That is no small achievement and we must
          celebrate it in whatever way.

          Harish Barthwal
          0 9999 110 51

          BoxbeThis message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

          From:"Mahipal Rawat rawat_mahipal@... [PauriGarhwal]" <PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com>
          To:PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com
          Date:04/28/2017 01:13 PM

          --
          With regards,

          Harish Barthwal
          0 9999 110 851
        • Bhishma Kukreti
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2017
            Satya Prasad Barthwal : A Horticultural Activist  who showed that Migration Could be Stopped
                                                        Bhishma Kukreti
                        Most of us discuss about stopping migration from hills of  Uttarakhand but we ourselves never act upon our own suggestions and thoughts. However, there are personalities who by their own acts showed us that there are opportunities and avenues in hills of Uttarakhand for reasonable earnings that we don’t require migration.
                      Satya Prasad Barthwal is one of such activists who  by using horticulture as source of unheard  earning in villages of Talla Dhangu, Pauri Garhwal .
                       Satya Prasad Barthwal was born in 1950 in village Khand , Talla Dhangu, Ganga Salan, Pauri Garhwal , Uttarakhand. His father’s name was Jagdish Prasad Barthwal and mother’s name’s Gadori devi . Khand village is situated at the slop of Ganga river and Ganga flows on north of Khand or it may be said that Khand is opposite of Chaukhambha shrines . Due to bank of Ganga, the high speedy air could be felt in Khand village.
               After passing middle or eighth class from Pulau Baund school, he came to Dehradun and entered in Shri Laxman Vidyalay Inter college Dehradun  and passed B Sc from shri guru Ram Rai college. He passed B.Ed from D A V college.
                This author was one of a room mates of Satya Prasad Barthwal in Shri Laxman Vidyalay hostel for a couple of years and he was one standard senior than me
              This author saw Satya Prasad closely in his student life. Satya Prasad Barthwal or Sati Bahiji for me was always innovative and creative thinker but always believe in our values.
              When he was in High School , he used to go Bikhot , Vyaschatti and would take ground nuts from Dehradun to sell . His father and cousin used to send money from Mumbai for his studies and he did not need money from that sales but he believed that earning for students is a must. It was his psychology to find avenues for earning in rural Garhwal .
              There was  his hereditary huge waste farm land just above his village. His forefathers used to do farming of maze or barley in that shady (Sill Pungad) land (ten or twelve Pungad) which, was less fertile due to shady area . Since his father, uncle and cousin started earning in Mumbai , his family and uncles etc left farming in that shady (Shill Pungad) farms as it required more labour than the crops.
                Sati Bhaiji used to talk about that waste land near to his village as it never happened that people left farming in nearby village area but due to shady place , that land became less  economical around fifties when alternate economical resources became available due to migration. He was conscious about waste farm land nearby village and used to think much about to make the land useful economically
             When he was going to his village after appearing high school exam, he bought lemon  plants (Kagaji Nimbu ki Paudh) in Dehradun and planted them in that waste farm land . For whole of summer he used to irrigate the planted  Kagaji Nimbu plants by taking water from village Pandera (water source) on head  . After summer , there was no need of irrigation as after summer rainy season would be there and in winter , either there would be infrequent rain or dew would be sufficient for lime trees to grow.
                Lemon  has a few specialty too. First the animals don’t eat the lime leaves or stem and need less  care too.Sati Bhaiji used to plant Kagaji Neembu in other waste land farm too
             After passing B. Ed, Satya  Prasad Barthwal joined a private school as teacher in rural Garhwal.
             His innovative idea brought the fruits and lemon  tree started fruiting . Initially he used to distribute the fruits to friends, relatives and village folks but when the crop became sizable , he used to take lime fruits on horses to nearby bus stop Singtali and from there , he used to take fruits to Rishikesh to sell them . Apart from selling lemon fruits, Satti Bhaiji started to make squash and sell the same in Dhangu area.
                As happened in hills of Uttarakhand , the people left farming but Khand area took new shape in agriculture and there are gardens of lemon in the said area
             Satti Bhaiji bought land from nearby villages to expand the lemon growing area. Now his lemon gardens are extended in tens of acres  The villagers of other village also learnt from him lemon plantation and if not more at least a family in nearby village has  two or three lemon trees
             Satya Prasad Barthwal was awarded by state government a Kisan Bandhu  or so for his innovation in agriculture industry in Talla Dhangu
             Satya Prasad Barthwal alias Satti Bhaiji showed us that horticulture is possible as alternate of conventional farming in Garhwal.
             If there is mass consciousness among migrated Pahadis of Uttarakhand they can come forward in starting  horticulture in their villages. Initially, there will be many hurdles specially awareness among villagers and migrated Pahadis but definitely cooperative horticulture in waste farm lands is useful, profitable for villagers and migrated ones too. The cooperative horticulture in villages of hills of Uttarakhand will also be a medium that migrated Pahadis will visit their villages on regular intervals.
            My salute to Satti Bhaiji
            Copyright @ Bhishma Kukreti

            From:"Mahipal Rawat rawat_mahipal@... [PauriGarhwal]" <PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com>
            To:PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com
            Date:04/28/2017 01:13 PM
            Sent by:PauriGarhwal@yahoogroups.com

            प्रिय मित्रों,

            > इस बार जुलाई में 1000 पेड़ बाँज, बुरांश तथा काफल के गाँव में लगाने का प्लान है, पँदेरा का पानी जिस रपतार से कम हो रहा है अगर कुछ ना किया तो जल्दी ही बंद हो जाएगा । गाँव के ऊपर ख़ाली ज़मीन है उस पर पेड़ लगाए जाएँगे, पहले खेती होने से जुताई , गुड़ाई होने से बारिश का पानी रुक जाता था तथा पँदेरा का पानी जून में भी काफ़ी मोटी धार के साथ होता था, खेत बंजर होने से पानी ज़मीन के अंदर नहीं रुकता और गरमी शुरू होते ही पँदेर का पानी बहुत कम हो जाता है।
            >
            > गड्ढे खोदने का काम पतलू काका को दिया हुआ है जुलाई से पहले तैयार हो जाएँगे ।
            >
            > ग्रूप में बताने का मुख्य कारण
            > 1) 1000 पेड़ आसानी से कहाँ से मिल पाएँगे
            > 2) पेड़ लगाते वक़्त काम्पोस्ट खाद की ज़रूरत पड़ेगी , काम्पोस्ट बनाने की आसान विधि share करें.
            > 3) प्लांटेशन के लिए बेहतर सुझाव दें
            >
            > बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद !

            Mahipal Rawat
            9871296853

            The information contained in this electronic message (email) and any attachments to this email are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and access to this email by any one else is unauthorised. The email may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or information relating to Reliance Group. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete this communication and any attachments thereto, immediately from your computer. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication and the attachments thereto (in whole or part), in any manner, is strictly prohibited and actionable at law. The recipient acknowledges that emails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity can not be guaranteed and that Company does not guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

            --
            With regards,

            Harish Barthwal
            0 9999 110 851