Re: #54 will be back

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      It is not uncommon to note that Bruschi did not have
      as good a year as is typical for him. That's hard for
      me to observe but it certainly seemed the case from
      all reports. Despite leading the team in tackles,
      this is partially a feature of his position and not
      necessarily a full sign of his typical performance.
      His big plays were down and many are going to have
      Bruschi a step slower and fading away. I do not
      believe this is the case but suspect most of you will
      call me blindly optimistic. Tedy broke his wrist in a
      rather bad way in preseason. The result of this was
      an inability to use that hand for most of the season.
      tedy has never been the fastest or strongest out
      there. He's more than sufficiently powerful but
      heart, smarts and determination get him through.
      While after games the cast was removed, he wore a cast
      for every game of the season and that has likely been
      a significant part of the challenge.

      We'll learn a lot about Tedy's status this year and as
      much as I hope there is no sign of trouble, I'm more
      than willing to acknowledge that another injury marred
      season will send a serious message about his health
      and potentially his future.

      He's making plays and making calls to anchor the
      unit - a unit that when many were taking themselves
      out of the AFC Championship - desperately needed
      bodies. He was flu ravaged all week and stil had the
      wrist along with who knows what else in the season of
      poundings but he kept himself out there to work
      through it. The man is a warrior and his teammates
      resepect him tremendously. Thomas will be a great
      benefit to him and if we can have a healthy season out
      of this front seven we may see some impressive things
      defensively.

      So while I acknowlede there's trouble in Bruschi
      Backer Paradise, I similarly acknowledge the sky
      hasn't fallen by any means and I expect that his
      comments yesterday indicate he's really ready and
      fired up. He didn't like losing to th eColts either
      time but the work and preparation and, I believe,
      force of Tedy "Full Tilt - Full Time" Bruschi will be
      on display for us all again on this year's round.

      Go pats!

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007

        That is great news!  I don’t care if he didn’t quite have a Probowl caliber year we are a better team with him than without him.  I don’t believe he has lost a step and I’m sure that with a little more talent around him and a better offense taking some of the pressure off the defense along with his gimp hand healed I expect to see a return to Probowl caliber performance from Tedy.

        Don

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
          ***** I'm with you 100%, Randy. I think the list of reasons you presented are just that, reasons, not excuses. I really believe that Tedy will come back strong this season; especially with the now complete LB corps he is part of. We spent nearly all of last season well below our usual level of skill and depth at that position. That, too, hurt Tedy's performance. I fully expect to see the old Tedy Bruschi back for the 2007 season.

          George
          Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!