Great Thai Custom!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      ***** Here in Thailand, where most of the population is Buddhist, they
      recognize and celebrate Christmas; but most folks exchange gifts at New
      Year's Eve. Tonight, I got a gift from my satellite service. The original
      schedule called for one of the other games to be televised at 1:00 AM. They
      had some sort of technical problem, and, after about a 10 minute delay with
      some old NFL highlight stuff, they changed games … TO THE PATRIOTS AT THE
      TITANS! Could I possibly get a better New Year's gift?!

      ***** It was great to see Brady out there with no apparent lingering injury
      from that spearing last week. The league's best 1-2 running punch of Corey
      Dillon and Laurence Maroney was at it's best. Reche Caldwell showed us that
      he may truly be developing into the top WR that the Chargers thought he'd be
      when the picked him in Round 2.

      ***** And on the other side of the ball, Rosey Colvin played what I believe
      was his best game as a Patriot. He had more time on the Titans side of the
      LOS than he had on our side!

      ***** And I can't close without a note about a guy that I had always wished
      was a Patriot. Vinny Testaverde is one of the nicest people in the NFL. As
      much as I hate the Jests, I had a very tough time rooting against Vinny.
      Now, he's with us. Tonight he set an NFL record by throwing a TD pass for
      the 20th consecutive season. The cliché really applies … It couldn't happen
      to nicer guy!

      ***** So now, we wait to see if the Dolphins can somehow defy the odds, and
      give us the #3 seed by beating the Colts. I don't expect that to happen, but
      it would be great to host the Jests instead of the Broncos at Gillette. I
      just can't imagine the Jests beating us twice in our house! OTOH, Shanahan
      really does seem to have an edge on BB. I'd rather not face the risk of
      heart failure that another match with the Broncos will bring. (Colts lead,
      7-3, as I write this.) :-(

      ***** Whatever happens for the rest of this day of NFL football, our
      Patriots are going into the playoffs on a winning streak. We can't ask for
      more that that. Bring on the Wildcard, whichever team it is! I don't think
      we will lose a playoff game in our house!

      Sawadee Khrap