RE: [patriotzip] Re: Sad Day for Pats Fans

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2006
      ***** Randy, while I certainly agree, and have said that Brady is not solely responsible for our overall sub-par team performance for most of this season (including in some of our victories), I do believe that his failure to create the big plays we need more consistently than he has is the primary reason for such results.

      ***** I know that the D failed to make the key stops needed in the Jets game. I also know that the D was without Ty Warren and Rodney Harrison, perhaps the two biggest keys to our run defense. It has, in the past, been under just such circumstances that Brady has stepped up to make great plays that overcome the deficiencies we have in other ares. Those heroics are lacking this year, and that is the point I'm making.

      ***** As you said a few days ago, we are probably expecting to much from him. How long can any one player sustain the level of play we've had from Tom Brady over the past few seasons? Every great QB in NFL history has had a down period or two. Unitas, Montana, Favre, Elway, Young, etc. all had seasons that were far below the Hall of Fame level for which they'll be remembered. I'm simply saying that, thus far, this has been such a season for Brady.

      ***** This team has grown used to getting that level of performance from him. Perhaps the team, like we fans, is spoiled; expecting that "the unbeatable" Brady will always come up with what we need for the win. Perhaps they are failing to take up the slack for him, for a change. Whether true or not, we definitely need more from all of them right now, until Brady returns to the great performances he certainly still has within him. Maybe he'll do so this week. Maybe it won't happen until next season. Whenever it is, I'm sure it will happen. I'm also sure that, as you said, we need others on the team to step up, and take over the responsibility of being the "difference maker" that Brady has not been.

      Sawadee Khrap
      George