Confirmed the Bad News

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2006
      ***** I finally gave in to temptation and did a full check of the Yahoo
      streaming video for NFL games. As I fully expected, there is no hope for me
      to get it here in Thailand. The site provides a test of bandwith, as well as
      a sample video for you to check before you sign up. It requires a minimum
      bandwidth of 300K. My bandwith here is . ready for this? . 37 Kbps. That's
      right. 37.

      ***** Just for the hell of it, I tried to run the test video. I got about 2
      seconds worth of the start of the intro video, and it went dead.

      ***** So, I'm stuck with audio only via NFL Field Pass for all games that
      are not televised here. That, unfortunately, includes tonight's game against
      the Jets. So I'll tune the satellite in to watch the Ravens - Titans game,
      without sound, as I listen to the Pats vs Jets game on my PC.

      ***** Looks like I'll spend the rest of my days as a full-time Pats fan,
      with minimal part-time access. There's virtually no hope that Thailand will
      spend the money necessary to increase their server capacity in my life time.
      The internet won't be moving at today's state of the art speed here for at
      least another 30 or 40 years. They are truly that far behind the USA in
      their ability to support it.

      Sawadee Khrap