Thoughts from sunday

  • Levon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2006
      First of all, did you all hear that sound around 7 PM? Kind of like
      this "Psssssssssssssssssssssssss", I think that was the sound of the
      balloon burtsting on the hype machine for Pats v Jets in 2 weeks. On
      a related note (since I live in NY) it was great to hear all the
      local boadcasters that were so upset by the 4th down call against the
      Jets, they generally fell into 2 catagories:

      1) couldn't believe the play wasn't reviewed (even though under NFL
      rules, it could be reviewed, I can't believe these people get paid)

      2) couldn't believe rules wouldn't allow replay to review the play in
      question (what they would like to review, I don't know, should we
      have officials deciding what "would" have happened if he wasn't hit,
      the bottom line is that it was a judgement call on the field and I
      don't think video review would have provided any additional info)

      The other thought from Sunday, man, you really have to be impressed
      by the Colts. I think we all know how tough it is to win in Denver.
      I was really feeling like we have a superior team to Indy, going into
      Sunday, but now I think it's a lot closer than I thought. They still
      can't stop the run but their running game is improved, should be one
      very interesting Sunday night.