Koppen extended

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2006
      and it begins!

      From Reiss of course
      Koppen extended

      Taking a proactive approach in their free agent
      dealings, the Patriots made a major move today,
      agreeing to a long-term, multi-million dollar contract
      extension
      with center Dan Koppen.

      Details of Koppen's deal are not yet known, but the
      move ensures that the Patriots have the centerpiece of
      their line in place for years to come.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2006
        ***** "Somebody" mentioned that he anticipated some contractual activity during this BYE week. But I had discarded the possibility, since Miguel didn't support that idea! ;-)

        Sawadee Khrap
        George

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2006
          ***** Well, Miguel, the "oh so pesky fact" remains that, thus far, one
          major contract extension was announced during the BYE week. My point was
          that I believed there was a good possibility for this to happen because
          there is obviously more time available to BB to dedicate to such matters
          when not preparing for a game. It doesn't mean that such things will happen
          during every BYE week, nor does it mean that there will never be a contract
          extension announced during a week of game preparation. I simply said that I
          considered it more likely, in view of the current contractual issues, and
          the current salary cap situation, that this particular week we would see
          such activity. We did. And I believe it was calculated timing on the part of
          the Pats front office, rather than total coincidence.

          Sawadee Khrap
          George