RE: [patriotzip] Patriots' empire beginning to crumble

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006

      Three weeks into the season with two out of three games a win and our season is already over?  Yeah, this guy is some guru, not.  I think everyone has been overly confident in Tom Brady and I am guilty of it as well.  We expected too much out of Tom Brady I now believe.  He hasn’t stopped caring, okay perhaps that was just my line of thinking, I think he has just been uncomfortable with his receivers.  He has had to adjust to too many new receivers and I believe he just isn’t comfortable with them yet.  I expect that to change over the course of the season.  I expect as the Patriots continue to improve the weak spots in their game that their over all game play will also improve.  I expect this team to peak in time for the playoffs and I have no doubt that we will win the AFC East despite the improved play of the Bills and the Jets.  I am confident of this because I know that we can expect Brady and his receivers to build trust and communication as the season ages.  I don’t see the Bills or the Jets having as much room for improving and wonder if both aren’t possibly over-achieving early in the season.

      Don

      The Observer, September 29, 2006
      Volume XXXIX, Issue 5
      NFL Guru: New England Patriots' empire beginning to crumble

      Andrew Schechtman-Rook, NFL Guru

      The New England Patriots sit at 2-1, tied for first in the AFC East. But don't let the standings fool you; these are not the Patriots of recent memory, the team that went 58-22 and won three Super Bowls in the past five years.

      The Patriots won their first two games by a total of nine points, which on the surface does not seem too out of place for a team that traditionally relies on winning close games as it proceeds into January.

      Rest of article at:

      http://observer. case.edu/ Archives/ Volume_39/ Issue_5/Story_ 1037/