Re: da Game

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11 5:04 AM
      Just a few comments:

      That stop on 4th down was really the turning point. 24-7 would have
      been tough to overcome. And what a great catch by Faulk!

      We need more than 3 WRs. I hope Gabriel and Jackson are as
      advertized, and soon.

      Dillon/Maroney looks like a great combination. Dillon has his power
      back, and Maroney's change of direction and burst are world class.
      Appears to have great vision. And the best part; no animosity amongst
      them.

      The D got gashed pretty badly up the middle, early on. They seemed to
      make good adjustments in that regard in the second half. #54 should
      improve that situation, as well.

      Good thing Graham is a good blocker.

      This excellent offensive line of ours better step it up, or Matt
      Cassell will be in the line-up before we know it.

      All-in-all, a mediocre performance. It seems we usually start the
      season slowly, and improve throughout the season. Lets hope the
      pattern repeats.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>
      wrote:

      > > * I wanna hear from attendee's what effect it had on fans during
      the game.

      > It was mediocre and ot focused or sustained. I think many thought
      the multi-firing muskets was a fun diversion but it was one they
      watched and not one which whipped them into a frenzy or created any
      sustained crowd noise. It may give us cover to actualy shoot several
      opposing players.

      > To me the Game hinged on the poor decision by the bills to go for
      it on 4th and 1 from the 7. This not only took away three points
      (the ultimate margin of victory) but also seemed to be the momentum
      changing catalyst.

      > The safety was an impressive point as well but alas Brady's int
      while being hit nearly ended that benefit but for the defense still
      being fired up.

      > Faulk definitely had a fine play for the TD and both Dillon and
      Maroni look like they will tandem well - moreso when this crew gets
      some passing rhythms.

      > Fun day at the Razor - and a game we are fortunate to win. Turn
      the ball over more than your opponent and you are asking for a loss
      but we get out of it with a win...on a day when Tom Brady wasn't as
      sharp or comfortable. I'll take that and expect a more motivated and
      better performing Pats team at the Jets next week.