Re: [patriotzip] Bizjournals rate Patriots fans #15 for loyalty

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
      Who are the Red Sox?

      Harry

      At 04:31 PM 9/6/2006 -0400, you wrote:
      Cleveland is rated #1.  I wonder if things would be different if there was no such thing as the Red Sox?

      http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/34.html

      - Chris

    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006

        I don’t know how they arrived at their statistical conclusions or how they used these stats to arrive at thier rating but I am certain the Red Sox have nothing to do with Patriot fan loyalty.  Now if you were to look to the red seats or the middle of the lower bowl on both sides you might have an arguable issue.  I recognize that the red seats have improved their presence but that section wasn’t built for fans it was built to segue business deals.

        I couldn’t help but notice that seating capacity wise we have a much smaller stadium than most.  I also find the market population numbers a tad dubious as NH/VT/ME have more than 4 million combined in population and the Metro-Boston area has about 4 million in population so what happened to RI/CT and the rest of MA?  I think that our market of New England is arguably larger than that of the Giants or the Jets, after all you do arguably need to halve that market because of there being two teams.

        Don Diamant

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
          Wellt he winning percentage works against us which given our Dynastic run through the early part of this millenium is certainly a hefty factor.

          We are a fickle fan-base in Red Sox season which drives we loyalists a little into frustration but... you are what you are.

          Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:31 PM