WHAT!!!

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
      Mike Reiss is reporting that the Patriots have RELEASED Bam Childress!

      What the heck is that all about?! He was their best WR in pre-season.
      I don't get it.

      fdb
    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
        Yep, they picked up Jonathan Smith from the waivers from the Bills, so they cut him.

        Peter
        > "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
        > in Australia." (Charles
        Schultz)

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
          NFL history shows that guys with the first name "Bam" are usually dead
          weight on their respective teams. :)

          Alot of his work came against second and third teamers, so it's not
          enough to say he was their best receiver in the preseason. You have to
          look at what he accomplished and against whom. Really, the 3rd
          preseason game is the one that counts most since the starters play a
          good half a game plus some extra time into the third in most cases, and
          he was non-existant for the most part in that game.

          Plus the coaches may have just felt he couldn't develop much further or
          faster then what he had already obtained, so.... it's always hard to
          say WHY they make a decision, but generally speaking they do it for
          good reasons.

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@...> wrote:

          > Mike Reiss is reporting that the Patriots have RELEASED Bam Childress!
          >
          > What the heck is that all about?! He was their best WR in pre-season.
          > I don't get it.
          >
          > fdb

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
            Good logic, Jeff. His progression with the team reminds me of Troy
            Brown's; signed, cut, re-signed, etc. He seems like the same type of
            over-achieving guy. I hope he makes it. I see he was just signed to
            the practice squad. Time will tell. As always (until proven
            otherwise); in Bill we trust.

            fdb