RE: [patriotzip] Re: Jackson

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      ***** You beat me to it, Frank. I was thinking the very same thing. I clearly remember that discussion about the Pats, and BB specifically, meeting with, and "testing" Jackson down in Florida before the draft. (And things I "clearly remember" are getting fewer and fewer as the years pass!) :-)

      ***** I'm not buying this one.  I think it's the hammy, and only the hammy, that is keeping him off the practice field. I still fully expect Jackson to be our #1 WR, and a damn good #1, before, or very soon after, the BYE week. (Unless, of course, that hammy turns out to be extremely serious.)

      Sawadee Khrap
      George

      That's a bit of a surprise, if it's true. Wasn't he the guy they
      brought in about five times, before the draft. They gave him plays to
      study, and had him break it all down on his return visits? Seems to
      me, after the experience with guys like Hayes, they wouldn't have
      moved up to grab him if this appeared to be a problem. Ungood, if true.

      Which then begs the question; did we trade for Doug Gabriel because of
      the Branch situation, or the Jackson situation?

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com, Orgone <orgone@...> wrote:

      > I read somewhere last night
      (Boston Globe or Herald) that part of
      Jackson's
      > problem is he's
      having trouble with the playbook. Anyone else hear
      anything
      > about
      this? Hope we don't have another Donald Hayes on our hands.

      Harry

    • Orgone
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
        Yeah, they really checked him out from what I remember. Didn't BB spend
        some time with his coach who later talked about how impressed he was with
        'the Patriots Way'? I remember much contact and evaluation before the Pats
        selected him. If it's not the playbook it must be a nasty hammy pull.

        Harry