Jackson

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      I read somewhere last night (Boston Globe or Herald) that part of Jackson's
      problem is he's having trouble with the playbook. Anyone else hear anything
      about this? Hope we don't have another Donald Hayes on our hands.

      Harry
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        That's a bit of a surprise, if it's true. Wasn't he the guy they
        brought in about five times, before the draft. They gave him plays to
        study, and had him break it all down on his return visits? Seems to
        me, after the experience with guys like Hayes, they wouldn't have
        moved up to grab him if this appeared to be a problem. Ungood, if true.

        Which then begs the question; did we trade for Doug Gabriel because of
        the Branch situation, or the Jackson situation?

        fdb

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
          ***** You beat me to it, Frank. I was thinking the very same thing. I clearly remember that discussion about the Pats, and BB specifically, meeting with, and "testing" Jackson down in Florida before the draft. (And things I "clearly remember" are getting fewer and fewer as the years pass!) :-)

          ***** I'm not buying this one.  I think it's the hammy, and only the hammy, that is keeping him off the practice field. I still fully expect Jackson to be our #1 WR, and a damn good #1, before, or very soon after, the BYE week. (Unless, of course, that hammy turns out to be extremely serious.)

          Sawadee Khrap
          George

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
            Yeah, they really checked him out from what I remember. Didn't BB spend
            some time with his coach who later talked about how impressed he was with
            'the Patriots Way'? I remember much contact and evaluation before the Pats
            selected him. If it's not the playbook it must be a nasty hammy pull.

            Harry