Re: Branch has offers?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
      We all know how smart Bill and Scott are, so how's this for a
      conspiracy theory...

      The Patriots allow Branch to seek another deal knowing that one of two
      things will happen:
      1) Branch does not receiev an acceptable offer, and rejoins the Pats.
      2) Branch receives an acceptable offer, and requests a trade.

      In the case of (2) the Patriots demand an "unreasonable" trade,
      knowing it will be rejected, and most likely trigger a grievance. The
      mediator (or whatever the person is called, who reviews this thing)
      agrees, and strikes a compromise. The Jets (or 'Hawks) offered a #2,
      the Pats demanded two #1's. The compromise? The Pats get one #1. The
      Jets (or 'Hawks) reluctantly agree, the Pats get what they hoped to
      get all along, deduct $14,000/day from the money owed, and are rid of
      a headache. (In which case I hope it's the Jets. That's got to be a
      top 10 pick!)

      No, I don't really believe this, but it's my best Oliver Stone
      impersonation. ;o)

      fdb