Re: [patriotzip] Re: Branch has offers?

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      I don't think Chayut is doing Branch any favors and seems to be just be
      looking for a big payday for himself. Anyone know if he gets a better cut
      on a new deal with another team than he does working out an extension with
      the Pats?

      If Branch is such a good friend of Brady's how did he miss the fact that
      Brady has taken far less than he is worth for the sake of the team? They
      never discussed it?
      This whole thing is beginning to have a foul odor.

      Harry

      At 08:58 PM 9/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      >Sounds like an accurate analysis to me. Now his agent is filing a
      >grievance, because he claims the Pats were asking too much in return,
      >thus ensuring a trade would not be made.
      >
      >What's the matter Mr. Chayut, is Deion not worth as much as you claim
      >he is?
      >
      >fdb
      >
      >--- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Orgone <orgone@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Let me get this straight. The Pats offered 18.75 mil over 3 yrs. The
      >offers
      >> from other teams are 36 mil for 6 yrs which is worth less by rate of pay
      >> per year and 38 mil which is slightly more (18.75 X 2 = 37.5 mil).
      >If all
      >> this is accurate it seems to me that Mr. Branch no longer wants to
      >be here.
      >>
      >> Harry
      >>

      >> At 03:25 PM 9/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      >> >Ron Borges is reporting in the Globe (if you can believe him) that
      >> >Deion has two acceptable offers in hand, and the Patriots are
      >> >negotiating a trade with these two teams as we speak.
      >> >

      >>http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/01/two_o
      >> >ffers_for_branch/
      >> >
      >> >fdb
      >> >

      >> >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
      >email to:
      >> >

      >> >Yahoo! Groups Links

      >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
        We all know how smart Bill and Scott are, so how's this for a
        conspiracy theory...

        The Patriots allow Branch to seek another deal knowing that one of two
        things will happen:
        1) Branch does not receiev an acceptable offer, and rejoins the Pats.
        2) Branch receives an acceptable offer, and requests a trade.

        In the case of (2) the Patriots demand an "unreasonable" trade,
        knowing it will be rejected, and most likely trigger a grievance. The
        mediator (or whatever the person is called, who reviews this thing)
        agrees, and strikes a compromise. The Jets (or 'Hawks) offered a #2,
        the Pats demanded two #1's. The compromise? The Pats get one #1. The
        Jets (or 'Hawks) reluctantly agree, the Pats get what they hoped to
        get all along, deduct $14,000/day from the money owed, and are rid of
        a headache. (In which case I hope it's the Jets. That's got to be a
        top 10 pick!)

        No, I don't really believe this, but it's my best Oliver Stone
        impersonation. ;o)